Mr. Sudip Mondal, our Assistant Professor, has been awarded his Ph. D from Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (formerly known as WBUT) in November 2015. His thesis title was “Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Indan-1-Alkanoic Acid Derivatives as Potent Antiinflammatory Agents with Reduced Gastrointestinal Ulcerogenicity”.
Mr. Arindam Maity, our Asst Professor, has been awarded his Ph.D from the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University in December 2013. His thesis topic was “Synthesis of Pyridine & Quinoline based N-heteroaromatics and its activity against Macrophase Associated Diseases”.
Mrs. Shukla Chatterjee, Assistant Professor (English) has been awarded her PhD in English from the Department of English and Other Modern European Languages, Visva-Bharati University in July 2012. Her topic is “Representation of Violence in the plays of Vijay Tendulkar”
Mrs. Kajal Ghosal, our Asst Professor, has been awarded her Ph.D from the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University. Her thesis topic is “Modified Hydrophobic HPMC based gel preparation and its Evaluation”. She has conducted her research work under the joint guidance of Prof. Arunabha Nanda and Prof. (Dr.) Subrata Chakraborty.
Mr.Subhra Prakash Bhattacharyya, our Associate Professor, has been awarded his PhD from Dibrugarh University, Assam, in June 2016. His thesis title was “NSAID loaded solid lipid nanoparticle dosage form – Formulation , Optimization, characterization, stability study and In-vitro In-vivo evaluation”.
Mr. Avijit Chatterjee, our Assistant Professor, has been awarded his PhD from the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University in March 2017. His thesis topic was “Pharmacological study of medicinal plant Rhodiola rosea with special reference to its adaptogenic property”.
Mr. Nilanjan Ghosh, our Associate Professor, has been awarded his Ph.D from the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University in April 2017. His thesis topic was “Scientific exploration of traditional knowledge of Litsea glutinosa for drug discovery to be useful for treatment of human ailments”.
Mrs. Indrani Bhattacharya, our Assistant Professor, has been awarded her PhD from Dibrugarh University in 2017. Her thesis topic was “Stability Indicating RP-HPLC method development and validation to estimate Atenolol and Hydrochlorothiazide in combined dosage form in the presence of its degradants and Analysis of the degraded products”.
Grand success of the final year students in Graduate Aptitude Test (GPAT 2018) conducted by AICTE.
- JAYITA DAS (National Rank: 16)
- SIDDHARTA DAS PRAMANIK (National Rank: 150)
- BISHAL RAJDEV (National Rank: 435)
- UTTAM KUMAR KAIBARTA (National Rank: 506)
- ARPITA MISHRA (National Rank: 516)
- ISHA GHOSH (National Rank: 572)
- SURAJ SHAH (National Rank: 827)
Grand success of the final year students in Graduate Aptitude Test (GPAT 2017) conducted by AICTE.
- RATNALA VAMSI (National Rank: 106)
- ABHIYANTA (National Rank: 484)
- AMITABHA GHOSH (National Rank: 819)
- SOUMOJIT BISWAS (National Rank: 1020)
- SUSHANTA BHATTACHARYA (National Rank: 1342)
- SURITA GHOSH (National Rank: 1554)
- SK BATIN RAHAMAN (National Rank: 1622)
- DEBAJIT DUTTA (National Rank: 1554)
- PRITAM DAS (National Rank: 2032)
- PRADIP JANA (National Rank: 2116)
- SUVANKAR BANERJEE (National Rank: 2189)
Grand success of the final year students in Graduate Aptitude Test (GPAT 2016) conducted by AICTE.
- Rajanya Roy (National Rank: 321)
- Arunima Sengupta (National Rank: 1022)
- Rusham Das (National Rank: 1881)
Grand success of the final year students in Graduate Aptitude Test (GPAT 2015) conducted by AICTE.
- Priyanka Bose (National rank: 1044)
- Ha manti Mandal (National Rank: 811)
- Subhajit Makar (National Rank: 1443)
Grand success of the final year students in Graduate Aptitude Test (GPAT 2014) conducted by AICTE.
- Piyush Agarwal
- Anindita Saha
- Kaushik Chatterjee
- Gargi Roy
Grand Success in GPAT (2013) by
- Sandip Mondal
- Chandan Kyal
- Joydeep Samanta
- Ismail Mondal
- Aditya Banerjee
- Aalok Basu (M. Pharm)
- Manjaree Mukherjee (2008-2012 batch)
Grand success in GPAT (2012) by
- Priyankar Saha
- Arpita Ghosh
- Sneha Ghosh
- Priyanka Mirdha
- Partha Sakha Ghosh
Grand success in Graduate Aptitude Test (GPAT 2011) conducted by MS University, Baroda.
- Sri Ashis Nandy (GPAT Rank: 450)
- Sri Saswata Banerjee (GPAT rank: 1087)
- Ms Babita Kumari (GPAT Rank: 1346)
- Sri Prodyut Mandal (GPAT Rank: 2348)
- Sri Ved Sankar (GPAT Rank: 2460)
- Ms Somrita Bhattacharya (GPAT Rank: 3518)
- Ms Kabita Mahato (GPAT Rank: 3614)
- Ms Upasana Banerjee (GPAT Rank: 5857)
- Ms Joyita Mondal (GPAT Rank: 10,021(sc))
- Sri Arnab Dey (GPAT Rank: 8385), M. Pharm
Success in first Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude test (GPAT 2010) conducted by MS University, Baroda with outstanding results.
- Sri Prasenjit Pradhan (GPAT Rank: 947)
- Sri Kunj Bihari (GPAT Rank: 2216)
- Sri Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee (GPAT Rank: 2821)
- Sri Abhijit Pramanik (GPAT Rank: 5175)
- Sri Somnath Saha (GPAT Rank: 5275)
Our university toppers from the first batch of B. Pharm graduates of the year 2009 awarded by West Bengal University of Technology
- Sri Sumanta Kr Ghosh (gold medal with DGPA 9.3)
- Ms Rima Dawn (Silver medal with DGPA 9.21)
- Sri Nonigopal Guria (Bronze medal with DGPA 9.11)
University toppers awarded by West Bengal University of Technology from the first batch of M. Pharm of the year 2011
- Mr. Souvik Ghatak, M. Pharm (Pharmaceutics) (gold medal with 9.67 DGPA)
- Mr. Bijon Khalita, M.Pharm (Pharmaceutics)(bronze medal with 9.48 DGPA).
Best Rank of the year 2012
- Ms. Priyankar Saha, B. Pharm (with 9.67 DGPA)
- Haimanti Mondal, our student of B. Pharm, qualified NIPER in 2015.
- Kalidas Acharya of B. Pharm. 3rd year has successfully registered for an Indian Patent on his invention “Automatic Saline Controlling Device” (Patent Reg No. 651/KOL/2015).
- Ratnala Vamsi of B. Pharm. 3rd year, bagged the first position in UG Poster Presentation in SPIRIT – 2015, conducted by IIT-BHU.
- Ratnala Vamsi and Rishi Raj of B. Pharm 3rd year, won the third prize in Business Event in SPIRIT – 2015, conducted by IIT-BHU.
- Students of B Pharm have participated in all India essay writing competition jointly organized by United Nation Informatics Centre India and Bhutan, and Ramkrishna Vidya Mission and have won prizes:
- Dipan Roy claimed the 3rd position in national level
- Debiparna Biswas got 1st position in zonal level.
- Arpita Mishra, Ankit Saha and Trisita Sen have also been awarded.
- Souvik Chattopadhyay and Sayan Chatterjee of B. Pharm 3rd year qualified for Semi-final round of National Level Pharma Quiz 2016 organized by Alembic Pharma Ltd. in association with GETZ Pharma Research, Mumbai at Smt. Kishoritai Bhoyar College of Pharmacy, Kamptee, Nagpur.
- The institute received a research grant of Rs. 18 lacs from Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) under Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- The institute also received a grant of Rs 8.8 lacs under Modernization and Removal of Obsolescence Scheme (MODROBS). The Chief Coordinator of the project was Prof. (Dr.) S. Chakraborty.
- Piyush Agarwal, student of B.Pharm 2013-14 batch qualified NIPER with an all India rank 8th.
- Students of B. Pharm 2nd year and 4th year have participated in SPIRIT 2015, an annual all India student’s conclave and a national seminar organised by the Pharmaceutical Society of IIT (BHU) Varanasi and have won prizes in different events.Literary events:Nabarun Mukherjee (3rd in written quiz); Dipan Roy, Nabarun Mukherjee, Sayan Chatterjee (2nd in group quiz);Dipan Roy (3rd in Debate)Scientific events:Ratnala Vamsi, Priyanka Bose (1st in poster presentation)Business Events:Ratnala Vamsi, Rishi Singh, Ravi Kr. Singh (3rd in Business plan) Rishi Raj of 2nd year B. Pharm won the 2nd position in the essay competition at national level conducted by NIT Arunachal Pradesh as a part of the National Technology day celebration.
- Dr Partha Palit is awarded with the Fast Track Young Scientist Scheme and Research Grant and has been sanctioned Rs. 18 lacs in the project proposal entitled “Screening and Pharmacological Evaluation of Medicinal plants against Asthma and Arthritis” from Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) under Department of Science and Technology.
- Some of our B. Pharm Students, Debayan Das (1st year), Priyanka Bose (2nd year), Piyush Agarwal (3rd year) and Haimanti Mandal (3rd year), are selected for the award of Rs. 5,000/- each, as the “IPA Bengal Pharma and Healthcare Trust Scholarship 2012-2013”
- Mr. Selim Mondal, ex-M Pharm student has won the 1st Runner up position in the subject Quality Assurance in “R. V. Patel Best M Pharm Thesis Competition 2012-2013” for his M Pharm thesis “Exploring the Protective Effect of Diverse Class of Antioxidants on Docetaxes included Lipid Peroxidation: An Experimental & theoretical Approach” under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) Supratim Ray. As winner Mr. Selim Mondal was awarded Rs. 31,000/- by the Trust and as a supervisor Dr. Supratim Ray was awarded Rs 25,000/-. The competition was jointly organized by L. M. College of Pharmacy and Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- UGC Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority students for the year 2012-2013 was awarded to Sri Meheboor Reheman (B. Pharm, M. Tech, CU). Sri Reheman will work with this fellowship as JRF for his PhD thesis under the joint guidance of our faculty Prof. (Dr.) S. Chakraborty and Prof. (Dr.) Pintu De at Dr. B. C. Roy College of Pharmacy and AHS. His thesis title is “Formulation and Evaluation of New Suspensions: A Potent vehicle for Drug Delivery of BCS Class II Drug Candidate”
- Tanushree Karmakar and Rajanya Roy of 1st year B. Pharm qualified as winners in the debate competition at Undergraduate level in connection with the 150th Birth Anniversary Celebration of Swami Vivekananda and have been selected as participants for Vivek Jatra to be conducted by Information and Cultural Affairs Department, Govt of West Bengal.
- Lalit Kishore Mukhopadhyay qualified as the winner of both Priliminary and State Round of IPA National Elocution Competition 2012 (NEC 2012) and has been selected for the semi-final round at Hyderabad.
- Sri Partha Sakha Ghosh, a 3rd year student has been selected for the award of Rs. 10,000/- as the “IPA Bengal Pharma and Healthcare Trust Scholarship 2010-2011”
- Sri Ashis Nandy, 4th year student has secured 20th position in the Pharmacy Talent Search Exam (PTSE), 2011 and qualified for the award of scholarship.